How to Clean Window AC Unit
Window AC units are a common sight during the summer months. While they can be a great way to cool a room, they can also become dirty over time. This may impact their performance, so it is important to clean them on a regular basis. Cleaning a window AC unit is a fairly simple process that can be done with common household items. In this article, we will discuss how to clean a window AC unit and what you will need to do so.
What you will need:
- Sponge or cloth
- Screwdriver (optional)
1. Begin by unplugging the AC unit from the power outlet. You will then need to remove the unit from the window. If your unit has screws, use a screwdriver to remove them. If not, you should be able to simply lift the unit out of the window.
2. Take the unit outside and turn it upside down. This will allow you to access the drainage pan and coil fins.
3. Use a sponge or cloth to wipe down the coil fins, being careful not to bend them. You can then rinse them with water.
4. Next, you can clean the drainage pan with a mixture of vinegar and water (1 part vinegar to 2 parts water). Simply pour this mixture into the pan and let it sit for about 15 minutes. Then use a brush or cloth to wipe down the pan.
5. When you are finished, turn the unit upright and return it to its original window location. Plug the AC unit back in, and it should be ready for use again.
While cleaning a window AC unit may seem like a daunting task, it is actually quite simple if you have the right tools and know what steps to take. By following these instructions, you can keep your AC unit running smoothly all summer long!