10 Best Window Cleaning Tips for Every Busy Homeowners
Best window cleaning can be a hassle, but it’s a necessary task nonetheless. It is important to keep your windows clean in order to maintain a clear view and also to protect your investment. It is also a great way to improve the curb appeal of your home. Not only will it make your home look nicer, but it will also increase its value. If you’re like most homeowners, you probably don’t have the time to clean your windows as often as you’d like. Luckily, there are a few things you can do to make the process easier and more efficient.
Best Window CleaningWindow cleaning can be a hassle, but it’s important to keep your windows clean both for aesthetic reasons and to improve the air quality in your home. Not only will it make your home look nicer from the street, but it will also increase its value.
Here are 10 tips for making window cleaning easier and faster.
- Invest in a good squeegee. This is arguably the most important tool you will need for window cleaning. A good squeegee will make it much easier to get a streak-free finish. Make sure to choose one that is the right size for your windows
- Buy a window cleaning solution specifically designed for windows. You can find these at most hardware stores. Avoid using dish soap, as it can leave streaks. This is one area where it’s worth spending a few extra dollars to get a good product.
- Fill a bucket with your cleaning solution and set it next to the window you’re going to start with. This will save you from having to walk back and forth to the sink every time you need more solution. You can also use a spray bottle if you prefer.
- Wet your squeegee and run it along the top edge of the window to remove any dust or cobwebs. This is an important step to avoid streaks. Make sure to wipe the squeegee clean after each stroke.
- Starting at the top, move the squeegee down in even strokes. Be sure to wipe the blade of the squeegee after each stroke. Rinse the squeegee in your bucket of cleaning solution as needed.
- Use a lint-free cloth to wipe away any water that drips down the sides of the window. This will help to avoid streaks.
- Repeat the process on the other windows in your home. After you’ve finished all the windows, open them up and let some fresh air in.
- If you have any particularly difficult to clean windows, such as those with screens, you may need to use a special brush attachment on your squeegee.
- For windows that are extremely dirty, you may need to pre-clean them with a soft brush or cloth before using your squeegee.
- If you have any stubborn streaks or spots, you can use a window cleaning solution that contains vinegar. Apply it to the area with a cloth and then wipe it away with your squeegee.
With these tips, window washing will be a breeze! Just set aside some time each week or month to tackle the task and you’ll soon have sparkling clean windows.
High Five Window Cleaning
4845 Creekland View, Marietta, GA 30062, United States