Tips for Cleaning Window Tracks
Window tracks can be difficult to clean, but they’re an important part of keeping your windows looking their best.
Here are a few tips for cleaning your window tracks:
- Use a vacuum cleaner with an upholstery attachment to remove any dirt or debris from the tracks.
- Pour some vinegar into a spray bottle and mist the tracks. Let the vinegar sit for a few minutes, then wipe it away with a cloth or sponge.
- If there’s buildup on the tracks, you can use a cleaning product specifically designed for window tracks. Follow the instructions on the product and be sure to ventilate the area well while you’re cleaning.
- Do not forget to clean the wheels on your window tracks. A build-up of dirt and grime can cause them to stick, making it harder to open and close your windows.
- Once you’ve cleaned the tracks, wipe them down with a dry cloth to remove any cleaning residue.
After you’ve cleaned the tracks, be sure to dry them completely before closing the windows. This will help prevent any mold or mildew from forming.
What not to do when cleaning window tracks
- Never use a power washer on your window tracks. The high-pressure water can damage the tracks and cause them to leak.
- Don’t use abrasive cleaning products or scrub pads on your tracks. These can scratch the surface and make it harder to clean in the future.
- Never pour cleaning solutions directly onto the tracks. This can damage the finish and make the tracks more difficult to clean. Always apply cleaning solutions with a cloth or sponge.
Cleaning your window tracks regularly will help keep your windows looking their best for years to come.
If you have any questions about cleaning your window tracks, be sure to ask a professional. They can give you specific advice for your home and help you avoid damaging your tracks.